we require funds to sustain our physical space and operational expenses.
For children, we hope that providing them with a choice of what they wear or play with will support their self-esteem and confidence during this challenging time. Children can visit our friendly and colorful shop and have a choice of new or gently used clothing, shoes, school supplies, toys, and books.
For adults, we seek to defray the financial investment of foster or kinship care.
Often, placements happen on very short notice. Purchasing items like cribs, strollers, car seats, and diapers adds up very quickly. Most foster families do not receive a stipend to cover up-front expenses.
Our goal is to allow families to focus on the emotional and physical well-being of the children in their care and to not worry about the minimal daily stipend they might be receiving to cover all of the child's meals, activities, clothing, and all the numerous other things a child needs.
The reality is that the average $18-20/day foster care stipend will not cover all their expenses.
Think about the reality of having an extra person in your home .... gas to numerous weekly appointments (therapy, doctors, court, family visitations), increased utility and food costs, day care, days off work to take the child to appointments, extracurricular activities like sports or music lessons, academic services like tutoring, even just an extra ticket to the movies or aquarium ... the list goes on and on.
The need is real.
DONATION REGISTRATION FORM
Can you help us raise enough money to continue to serve local foster children for the next year?
Any amount helps us sustain our mission to serve children in foster care!
By supporting our mission, you are supporting hundreds of children in care throughout southeastern PA. THANK YOU! *If you wish to deduct your donation by way of our nonprofit tax ID #, please email us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com and we will gladly provide you with that information.
- Pull-Ups - All Sizes!
- Teen hygiene items: acne face wash and Bath & Body Works items are greatly cherished!
- Diapers - Preemie, Newborn, 4-6
- Newborn-sized clothing
- Newborn Swaddles / Sleep sacks
- New shoes (all sizes)
- New bibs (all sizes)
- Baby bathtub (excellent or new shape!)
- New bottles
- Mattress Protectors (crib, twin, full)
- Mesh/Safe Crib Bumpers (not the old style)
- Bed rails
- New Bago duffle bags (See Amazon Wish List!)
- Summer PJs (all genders/sizes)
- New swim suits / pool gear
- New towels (bath or beach!)
- Play Yards (for outside)
- Convertible or 5-point harness car seats (no accidents, not expired & in excellent condition)
* All items must be CLEAN, SAFE and in 'Like New' condition please! We prefer that used baby equipment is no more than 5 years old. #DonateWithDignity
- New underwear / socks
- New pillows
- Twin bed sets - sheets/comforters (new preferred from Amazon)
- Crib & Pack 'n Play sheets
- Diapers (any size)
- Baby wipes
- Strollers (single, double, snap 'n go and sit & stand)
- Formula (Unopened, not expired)
- Baby food / toddler snacks
- New hygiene items for babies through teens
- Pack 'n Plays
- High chairs
- Baby swings
- Baby monitors
- Bed rails
- Baby gates
- NEW games/cards/puzzles
- New clothing with tags is always a special treat for our TKP kids.
- Gift cards (for teen clothing, restaurants, gas, movies, trampoline park, ice skating, LV Zoo, etc.)
- Volunteers (PA Background checks required) to work at The Kindness Exchange
- Laundry helpers
- Cleaning helpers
- Grant writers