we require funds to sustain our physical space and operational expenses.
We hope that providing foster youth with a choice of what they wear or play with will support their self-esteem and confidence during this challenging time. Children can visit our friendly and colorful shop and have a choice of new or gently used clothing, shoes, school supplies, toys, and books.
We seek to defray the financial investment of foster or kinship care for the resource families/foster parents we serve.
Often, foster care placements happen on very short notice. Purchasing items like cribs, strollers, car seats, and diapers adds up very quickly. Most foster families do not receive a stipend to cover up-front expenses.
Our goal is to allow families to focus on the emotional and physical well-being of the children in their care and to not worry about the minimal daily stipend they might be receiving to cover all of the child's meals, activities, clothing, and all the numerous other things a child needs.
The reality is that the average $18-25/day foster care stipend will not cover all their expenses.
Think about the reality of having an extra person in your home .... gas to numerous weekly appointments (therapy, doctors, court, family visitations), increased utility and food costs, day care, days off work to take the child to appointments, extracurricular activities like sports or music lessons, academic services like tutoring, even just an extra ticket to the movies or aquarium ... the list goes on and on.
The need is real. Together we can make a difference in our foster care community. By providing this unique, free service, more families can consider fostering and can say "YES!" when they are called about a new foster care placement.
Can you help us raise enough money to continue to serve local foster children for the foreseeable future?
Any amount helps us sustain our mission to serve children in foster care!
Financial donations are an ongoing and most immediate need to cover our operational expenses as we grow.
Click the Venmo or PayPal links above to donate online. Contact us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com for a mailing address if you'd like to send a check.
(All items are listed on our Amazon Wish List! Find the link on the lower left of this page.)
- New Bago Duffle Bags (or any other new, compact duffle - see Amazon Wish List!)
- Twin 'Bed-in-a-Bag' bedding sets (on Amazon)
- New or Like New Halloween Costumes
- Diapers - Preemie, Newborn and sz. 5
- Baby swaddles in excellent condition
- Winter shoes in all kid and adult sizes
- Most needed - Girls' Shoes/Sneakers
- Toddler (5, 6, 9, 10)
- Big Girl (13, 1-3)
- Women's (6-10)
- Most needed - Boys' Shoes/Sneakers
- Toddler (6.5, 7.5, 10.5)
- Men's (6-10)
- Most needed - Girls' Shoes/Sneakers
- Fall PJs in adult sizes for teens
- Fall PJs in all kid sizes
- Priority - Girls' 12-18 mo., 24 mo., 2T, 5 & 6
- Priority - Boys' 9 mo., 18-24 mo., 5 & 6
- Audio Baby Monitors
- Similac Pro-Sensitive Baby Formula
- Double Strollers (in excellent condition)
- Pack 'n Plays (less than 5 years old in excellent condition)
- Boys' Long-Sleeved Tees/Sweatshirts (2T, 6 & adult sizes)
- Men's New T-shirts (M, L, XL)
- Hoodies for all adult sizes (teens love these!)
- Teen hygiene items: acne face wash & products for sensitive skin
- Products for natural hair
Retail Gift Cards (Amazon, Target, Walmart, Marshall's, American Eagle, Tilly's, Aerie, Visa, etc. for teen clothing & shoes)
- Restaurant Gift Cards (UberEats, GrubHub, Burger King, Wendy's, pizza, Wawa, etc. for our families who need one less thing to think about when new children are placed with them)
* All items must be CLEAN, SAFE and in 'Like New' condition please! We prefer that used baby equipment is no more than 5 years old. #DonateWithDignity
Please contact us to confirm the need. Our space is very limited. All "gently used" clothing must be freshly washed and sorted by gender/size before dropping off. We ask that you clean all baby equipment prior to donating. We really appreciate this extra step so we can get it right on the floor for the kids we serve.
- New bath towels
- New seasonal PJs
- New bibs
- Diapers (any size)
- Baby wipes
- Play Yard Gates (for outside)
- Strollers (double, snap 'n go and sit & stand, jogging)
- New Formula (Unopened, not expired)
- Baby food / toddler snacks
- New hygiene items for babies through teens
- High chairs
- Baby swings
- Cribs & Mini Cribs
- Twin beds
- Crib & Twin Mattresses (no pets, please)
- New bras
- New socks/underwear in all sizes
- New car seats/boosters
- Toddler/Twin/Bunk beds
- NEW games/cards/puzzles (kids & teens)
- New clothing and shoes with tags are always a special treat for our TKP kids.
- Reusable shopping bags (Marshall's, Ross, or grocery bags to use for our shoppers)
- Book series for all ages
- USPS Stamps for mailings
- Printer ink for HP61
- Volunteers (PA Background checks required) to work at The Kindness Exchange
- Building improvement experts (contractor, plumber, electrician, dry waller, painter, flooring specialist, etc.)
- Cleaning helpers
- Grant writers
- Lawn and Snow Maintenance
By supporting our mission, you are supporting hundreds of children in care throughout southeastern PA. THANK YOU! *If you wish to deduct your donation by way of our nonprofit tax ID #, please email us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com and we will gladly provide you with that information.
Make sure to choose The Kindness Project as your Amazon Smile charity. Every purchase you make on Amazon Smile will provide us with funding! It's so easy!
Go to www.smile.amazon.com and select "Kindness Project" in Emmaus from the list as the charity you would like to support! You may need to use the search bar, but we're in there! Look for our sunshine logo!