we require funds to sustain our physical space and operational expenses.
By supporting our mission, you are supporting hundreds of children in care throughout southeastern PA. THANK YOU! *If you wish to deduct your donation by way of our nonprofit tax ID #, please email us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com and we will gladly provide you with that information.
Make sure to choose The Kindness Project as your Amazon Smile charity. Every purchase you make on Amazon Smile will provide us with funding! It's so easy!
Go to www.smile.amazon.com and select "Kindness Project" in Emmaus from the list as the charity you would like to support! You may need to use the search bar, but we're in there! Look for our sunshine logo!
We hope that providing foster youth with a choice of what they wear or play with will support their self-esteem and confidence during this challenging time. Children can visit our friendly and colorful shop and have a choice of new or gently used clothing, shoes, school supplies, toys, and books.
We seek to defray the financial investment of foster or kinship care for the resource families/foster parents we serve.
Often, foster care placements happen on very short notice. Purchasing items like cribs, strollers, car seats, and diapers adds up very quickly. Most foster families do not receive a stipend to cover up-front expenses.
Our goal is to allow families to focus on the emotional and physical well-being of the children in their care and to not worry about the minimal daily stipend they might be receiving to cover all of the child's meals, activities, clothing, and all the numerous other things a child needs.
The reality is that the average $18-25/day foster care stipend will not cover all their expenses.
Think about the reality of having an extra person in your home .... gas to numerous weekly appointments (therapy, doctors, court, family visitations), increased utility and food costs, day care, days off work to take the child to appointments, extracurricular activities like sports or music lessons, academic services like tutoring, even just an extra ticket to the movies or aquarium ... the list goes on and on.
The need is real. Together we can make a difference in our foster care community. By providing this unique, free service, more families can consider fostering and can say "YES!" when they are called about a new foster care placement.
Can you help us raise enough money to continue to serve local foster children for the foreseeable future?
Any amount helps us sustain our mission to serve children in foster care!
DONATION REGISTRATION FORM
Financial donations are an ongoing and most immediate need to cover our operational expenses as we grow.
Click the Venmo or PayPal links above to donate online.
Contact us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com for a mailing address if you'd like to send a check. (We keep our address private for the safety of the children we serve.)
(Some items are also listed on our Amazon Wish List for direct delivery! Find the link on the lower left of this page.)
WE ARE ON HOLD FOR ALL BABY ITEMS UNLESS SPECIFICALLY LISTED! Please do not bring off-season items as we don't have storage space to save them unless they are BRAND NEW. Thanks!
IMPORTANT NOTE: All "gently used" clothing must be freshly washed and sorted by gender/size before dropping off. Clean all baby equipment thoroughly prior to donating. We really appreciate this extra step so we can get it right on the floor for the kids we serve.
- Winter Coats in these sizes ...
- Girls: 6-12 mo., 5T, 6, 7, 8, 12, 16 and women's medium
- Boys: 3-6 mo., 6-12 mo., 18-24 mo., 7, 10
- Winter Boots in these sizes...
- Girls: 8, 9 and 10 toddler, 2 youth
- Boys: 7.5, 11 toddler, 5 youth
- Snow Pants in these sizes ...
- Girls: ALLLLL the sizes!
- Boys: 2T, 7, 10 and up
- Boys Clothing
- Small (2-5T)
- Medium (10-12)
- Large (14-16)
- Men's sizes
- Long underwear - XL ONLY
- Men's XL Socks
- Any size men's crew / high style socks
- Men's underwear (L - XXL)
- 24 mo. Baby Boy tops (no button ups please)
- Sz. 2T sweatshirts
- Sz. 3T sweatshirts
- Sz. 6/7 sweatshirts
- Men's medium basketball/gym shorts
- ALL size sweats /hoodies / joggers for teens
- Girls Fall/Winter Clothing
- Sz. 4T undies
- Sz. 4-8 socks
- Long underwear - all sizes!
- 12 mo. Baby Girl pants/bottoms/onesies
- 18-24 mo Baby Girl tops/onesies
- Sz. 5 sweatshirts
- Sz. 6 all items
- Sz. 8 all items
- Sz. 12 fall/winter tops (long-sleeve shirts & hoodies)
- Hoodies/sweats for teen girls in adult sizes
- Bras (only new bras, please)
- Small & Medium Trainer Bras
- 32 (C)
- 34 (B)
- 36 (A)
- 38 (A & D)
- Winter shoes in all kid and adult sizes
- Most needed - Girls' Shoes/Sneakers
- Toddler (4, 8, 9, 11, 12)
- Youth (2)
- Women's (6., 6.5, 7)
- Women's (6-10)
- Most needed - Boys' Shoes/Sneakers
- Toddler (7.5)
- Men's (7)
- Most needed - Girls' Shoes/Sneakers
- Fall/Winter PJs in adult sizes for teens
- Fall/Winter PJs in all kid sizes, but VERY low on ...
- Girls 24 mo / 2T, 6, 10/12, 14/16
- Boys 18 mo footie PJs
- Diapers - Preemie, Newborn & size 4, 6 & 7
- Audio Baby Monitors
- Similac Pro-Sensitive Baby Formula
- Twin 'Bed-in-a-Bag' bedding sets (on Amazon)
- Teen hygiene items: acne face wash & products for sensitive skin
- Twin Beds
- Twin Mattresses (New or like new are preferred - no pets please!)
- Bunk Beds!! (All instructions & pieces must be included. Must be in excellent, safe condition.)
- Cribs (Must be < 5 years old and in excellent condition & include the instructions & all the pieces!)
Retail Gift Cards (Amazon, Target, Walmart, Marshall's, American Eagle, Tilly's, Aerie, Visa, Starbucks, Wawa, etc. for teen clothing, shoes and treats!)
- Restaurant Gift Cards (UberEats, GrubHub, Burger King, Wendy's, pizza, Wawa, etc. for our families who need one less thing to think about when new children are placed with them)
* All items must be CLEAN, SAFE and in 'Like New' condition please! We prefer that used baby equipment and furniture is no more than 5 years old.
Please do not donate items that have been stored in garages, attics, basements, barns and are covered in dirt and grime. Our volunteers appreciate it!
- New Bago Duffle Bags (or any other new, compact duffle - see Amazon Wish List!)
- New Bath Towels
- Journals & Sketchbooks for our teens
- Products for natural hair (Cantu brand is great!)
- New Bibs
- New Pacifiers
- Play Yard Gates (for outside)
- Strollers (double, snap 'n go and sit & stand, jogging)
- Pack 'n Plays (less than 5 years old in excellent condition)
- New Formula (Unopened, not expired)
- Baby Food / Toddler Snacks
- New hygiene items for babies through teens
- High Chairs
- Baby Swings
- Cribs & Mini Cribs
- Toddler/Twin/Bunk beds
- Crib & Twin Mattresses (no pets, please)
- New Bras
- New Socks/Underwear in all sizes
- New Car Seats/Boosters
- NEW Games/Cards/Puzzles (kids & teens)
- New Clothing and Shoes with tags are always a special treat for our TKP kids.
- Reusable Shopping Bags (Marshall's, Ross, or grocery bags to use for our shoppers)
- Book series for all ages
- USPS Stamps for mailings
- Printer ink for HP61
- Volunteers (PA Background checks required) to work at The Kindness Exchange
- Building improvement experts (contractor, plumber, electrician, dry waller, painter, flooring specialist, etc.)
- Cleaning helpers
- Grant writers
- Lawn and Snow Maintenance