we require funds to sustain our physical space and operational expenses.
We hope that providing foster youth with a choice of what they wear or play with will support their self-esteem and confidence during this challenging time. Children can visit our friendly and colorful shop and have a choice of new or gently used clothing, shoes, school supplies, toys, and books.
We seek to defray the financial investment of foster or kinship care for the resource families/foster parents we serve.
Often, foster care placements happen on very short notice. Purchasing items like cribs, strollers, car seats, and diapers adds up very quickly. Most foster families do not receive a stipend to cover up-front expenses.
Our goal is to allow families to focus on the emotional and physical well-being of the children in their care and to not worry about the minimal daily stipend they might be receiving to cover all of the child's meals, activities, clothing, and all the numerous other things a child needs.
The reality is that the average $18-25/day foster care stipend will not cover all their expenses.
Think about the reality of having an extra person in your home .... gas to numerous weekly appointments (therapy, doctors, court, family visitations), increased utility and food costs, day care, days off work to take the child to appointments, extracurricular activities like sports or music lessons, academic services like tutoring, even just an extra ticket to the movies or aquarium ... the list goes on and on.
The need is real. Together we can make a difference in our foster care community. By providing this unique, free service, more families can consider fostering and can say "YES!" when they are called about a new foster care placement.
DONATION REGISTRATION FORM
Can you help us raise enough money to continue to serve local foster children for the foreseeable future?
Any amount helps us sustain our mission to serve children in foster care!
By supporting our mission, you are supporting hundreds of children in care throughout southeastern PA. THANK YOU! *If you wish to deduct your donation by way of our nonprofit tax ID #, please email us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com and we will gladly provide you with that information.
Make sure to choose The Kindness Project as your Amazon Smile charity. Every purchase you make on Amazon Smile will provide us with funding! It's so easy!
Go to www.smile.amazon.com and select "Kindness Project" in Emmaus from the list as the charity you would like to support! You may need to use the search bar, but we're in there! Look for our sunshine logo!
Financial donations are an ongoing need to cover our operational expenses. Click the Venmo or PayPal links above to donate online. Contact us at KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com for a mailing address if you'd like to send a check.
- Reusable shopping bags (Marshall's, Ross, or grocery bags to use for our shoppers)
- Girls Winter Jackets
- 0-3 mo., 6-9 mo., 2T, 3T, 4T
- Boys Winter Jackets
- 0-12 mo., 2T, 4T
- Teen Coats
- Men's Medium
- Winter gloves (thermal and waterproof) in all sizes
- Snow pants & Bibs in all sizes
- Highest need is sz. 2T, 4T, 8 and up to adult sizes!
- New Girls PJs (sz. 7/8, 10, 12, 14/16)
- New Girls Winter Shoes/Sneakers (GREATEST NEED is toddler girls 9 - nothing smaller than toddler size 5 please)
Gift cards (Amazon, Target, Walmart, Visa, etc. for teen clothing & shoes)
- Teen hygiene items: acne face wash & products for sensitive skin
- Bed safety rails (for toddler beds and twins)
- Board games & books for teens
- Stamps for mailings
- Printer ink for HP61
* All items must be CLEAN, SAFE and in 'Like New' condition please! We prefer that used baby equipment is no more than 5 years old. #DonateWithDignity
Please contact us to confirm the need. Our space is very limited. All "gently used" clothing must be freshly washed and sorted by gender/size before dropping off. We ask that you clean all baby equipment prior to donating. We really appreciate this extra step so we can get it right on the floor for the kids we serve.
- New bath towels
- New seasonal PJs
- New bibs
- Diapers (any size)
- Baby wipes
- Play Yard Gates (for outside)
- Strollers (double, snap 'n go and sit & stand, jogging)
- Formula (Unopened, not expired)
- Baby food / toddler snacks
- New hygiene items for babies through teens
- Pack 'n Plays (bassinet attachment is a plus!)
- High chairs
- Baby swings
- New bras
- New Socks/Underwear in all sizes
- New car seats/boosters
- Twin beds/Bunk beds
- NEW games/cards/puzzles
- New clothing and shoes with tags are always a special treat for our TKP kids.
- Volunteers (PA Background checks required) to work at The Kindness Exchange
- Laundry helpers
- Cleaning helpers
- Grant writers
- Lawn and Snow Maintenance