Our mission is to create a kind and caring community for resource families and children in foster care throughout the Lehigh Valley.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
The Kindness Project would not exist without our passionate volunteers. We welcome individuals, church groups, scouts, schools, civic groups, or anyone who would like to lend a helping hand in supporting the many foster care families around the Lehigh Valley.
One very helpful way to provide support to The Kindness Project is to have your group or organization coordinate a DONATION DRIVE. Contact us for details on how to partner with us in this way!
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FORM
If interested in volunteering, please complete the form below.
For anyone interested in volunteering at The Kindness Exchange, PA Clearances can be emailed to KindnessProjectLV@gmail.com.
Our needs are often changing along with the seasons. The primary tasks include:
- Washing/sorting incoming donations
- Taking unused donations to Goodwill
- Helping at The Kindness Exchange during open hours (PA Clearances req'd)
- Assisting with seasonal transitions/organization at The Kindness Exchange
- Cleaning, landscape work
- Assisting at special events (several times each year)
- Administrative tasks (sending birthday cards/encouraging notes)
We love to hear about children and teens in our community who are interested in helping! Because we are working with a delicate population of children in foster care, we must be careful about who is volunteering at The Kindness Exchange during open hours.
Here are some ways your children can help:
- Assist in organizing donation drives with their school, church, or other youth organization
- Paint 'Kindness Rocks' to place along our pathway at The Kindness Exchange
- Make encouraging cards or artwork that we can pass along to the foster children who visit our shop
- Teens may be able to come during off-hours to help with sorting of donations, cleaning and outside maintenance.
Please contact us with any specific questions!
For the safety of the children we serve, we follow the same policies as many schools and churches working with children. We ask that you provide current copies of the following PA Clearances.
If you have existing PA clearances, they should have been processed less than 5 years (60 months) ago.
We are thankful to all who inquire about getting involved with The Kindness Project! There is no expectation about how much or how little time a volunteer should offer. Every hour given, is an hour that supports our efforts to serve local children in foster care.
We will work with you personally to decide the best way you can join our volunteer team and how much time you are comfortable giving to our cause.